Friday, October 2nd, 2020
Hello JVH Families,
Some notes for you.
- A reminder that the Terry Fox Run will be this Tuesday, Oct. 6th starting at 2:15PM. All JVH students and staff will be celebrating and honouring his legacy. Please use the following link to give what you can to help cancer research and keep Terry's marathon going. Thank you so much for your support.http://www.terryfox.ca/JVHumphriesElementarySecondary Did you know that Terry Fox had Indigenous Heritage? For more, please check out https://windspeaker.com/news/sports/terry-fox-family-embraces-indigenous-ancestry
- Here is the SD8 Code of Conduct, which is up at our schools and applies to all students, staff and volunteers: https://www.sd8.bc.ca/sites/default/files/310%20Code%20of%20Conduct_3.pd
- Appeals Bylaw: A Guide for Students and Parents: https://www.sd8.bc.ca/node/36728
- A reminder that you can let us know if your child will be away by going on the website and using the Report Absence Tool https://jvh.sd8.bc.ca/absence-late
- We had so many things happening for Orange Shirt Day this week. It is hard not to be able to invite parents into the school yet, but I wanted to share that it was wonderful to hear all of the interesting conversations and questions arising from this work.
- And on Monday we are excited to welcome community members from S.L.I.D.E (Supporting the Learning of Inclusivity, Diversity and Empathy). S.L.I.D.E has been raising funds to purchase books for our local public library, the school libraries and classrooms. I will share a picture of all of the books they are bringing us next week – maybe you donated at a Saturday Market this summer? We are incredibly grateful to SLIDE for this meaningful partnership and look forward to the discussions that will come from these books.
- Finally, don’t forget our Annual Squash Sale! Tomorrow from 9am-3pm beside the Kaslo Hotel. All proceeds go to Dry Grad 2021!
Have a great sunny weekend,